To improve your mental powers your goal should be to start new things which you have never done before.
This will force your brain to create new braincells and new connections.
The more you follow this approach the more new connections your brain will establish and the more intelligent will you be.
Of course our comfort zone often tries to keep us where we are. Using old and established patterns let`s us feel good and secure. New habits always challenge us and sometimes we might look like a fool.
But the rewards outweigh the challenges by far.
Here are 5 easy ways to start exercises to improve your mental power:
- Get dressed for work and take a shower with your eyes closed – break the patterns!
- Drive a completely new route to your job.
- Drink or eat something you have never had before (maybe an exotic juice or spicy meal?).
- Learn a new activity like playing an instrument,latin dance or martial arts.
- Change your typical leisure time activities: if you normally enjoy shopping and theater, go play ping pong and take a singing lesson instead.
In one of the marvellous books of Lawrence Katz you can find many more of those exercises (83!). Everytime you do usual things in an unusual way you will really notice how your brain has to find out new ways to get along with that.
And that means building “new connections”. The same happens if you do unusual things – only you won´t feel the difference as much as in the acitivities you are used to do, but in a normal way.
Anybody who is interested to find out more gets here the resources:
Keep Your Brain Alive: 83 Neurobic Exercises to Help Prevent Memory Loss and Increase Mental Fitness
Keep Your Brain Alive: 83 Neurobic Exercises
Keep Your Brain Alive: Neurobic Exercises to Help Prevent Memory Loss and Increase Mental Fitness
2 your learning success,